It seems like most days are spent half cooking and the other half cleaning up the kitchen, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm a foodie and I enjoy giving my family the best of what nature has to offer on their plates.
I've purchased so many vegan and vegetarian recipe books and there are very few recipes that fit my family's taste buds. It could be because we're in the south and I was raised on garden fresh veggies, pinto beans, cornbread and fried catfish or that I'm married to a Mexican man with Mexican food as my all time favorite. Either way, I usually change every recipe to make it taste good for us.
So I thought I'd share some of my favorite veggie recipes, instead of just teasing all of my Facebook friends with food pics. Haha!
This recipe is very simple and you don't have to measure anything. I just use a can of black beans. I like Eden Organic, and add onion, red and yellow bell peppers, minced garlic, cilantro, and optional taco seasoning and 6 whole wheat tortillas. You can add cheese or vegan cheese for extra binding.
1. Heat panini grill to high or a non-stick pan to medium heat.
2. Open and drain can of black beans and pour into medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Chop onion, bell pepper, and cilantro and add to beans.
4. Mince garlic and add to mixture.
5. Add taco seasoning (optional). Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Fill tortillas with bean mixture and top with vegan cheese (optional) and fold tightly.
7. Grill on each side for approximately 2 minutes or until the tortilla is golden brown.
8. Top with salsa and vegan sour cream (optional) and serve.
Jody Ortiz, Author, "8 Simple Steps to Internet Success"
(All material on this blog copyrighted and ISBN filed. Permission to share only when including link or proper citation.)